Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas are unlimited, these visas are based off of close familial relations with a citizen of the United States.Known as IR visas these include:
● IR-1: The spouse of a United States Citizen
● IR-2: The unmarried child under 21 years of age of a United States Citizen:
○ The marriage of the parents took place before the child was the age of 18, and the foreign spouse processes on either a spousal visa or on a stateside adjustment of status application
○ The foreign parent processes on a fiance visa, and the child enters the U.S on a K2 dependent visa before the age of 21
○ The adoptions of the child has been in accordance with U.S. immigration rules
● IR-3: An orphan adopted by a United States Citizen
● IR-4: An orphan adopted in the United States by a United States Citizen
● IR-5: The parent of a United States citizen who is at least 21 years old.
Immediate relatives do not have to deal with wait times for visa availability. Immediate relatives within the United States could qualify to file Form I-485 for adjustment of status.